The Code Stories has reached 50 posts!!
For our 50th post, we wanted to do something special.
So here is a special post talking about the significance of the number 50 in various fields.
- It is the smallest number which is
the square of two square numbers in two distinct ways:
50 = 12 + 72 and 52 + 52
- Further it is the sum of 3 squares (32 + 42 + 52) and the sum of 4 square numbers (62 + 32 + 22 + 12). It is called a “Harshad number”
- It is “nontotient”.
A number n is nontotient if there is no integer that has exactly n coprimes below it.
- It is the atomic number of tin(Sn) which is widely used for plating steel cans, used as food containers. Funnily, it is the 49th most abundant metal on earth.
- It is the fifth “Magic number” in nuclear physics.
A “Magic number” is a number of nucleons (protons or neutrons) that are arranged in complete shells in the nucleus making atoms with a “magic number” of nucleons more stable.
- In Kabbalah, there are 50 Gates of Wisdom and 50 gates of Impurity.
- The Christian feast of Pentecost takes place on the 50th day of the Easter season
Thanks for helping us reach this milestone!
We have a lot planned for the future, so stay tuned!